Saturday, July 31, 2010

What advice do you have for a first tattoo?

I am 23 and have wanted a tattoo since I was about 16. I have many ideas for what I might want, but have not put together any final designs. I have been told that for my first tat I should go pretty big. After a small tattoo I will just want more and may not be able to incorporate it into a design for a larger tat. Any truth to this? Just looking for suggestions/tips. Thanks...What advice do you have for a first tattoo?
I know exactly how you feel! I waited until I was 21 for my first tattoo when I had been flirting with the idea for years. First %26amp; foremost, you'll know when you find the right tattoo because you'll keep going back to the same image. Search tattoo shops, magazines, the internet %26amp; nature for something that captures your attention. Pick something with great meaning behind it.





I have two tattoos at this point, I do want more, but the addiction is not there for everyone. My best friend %26amp; I got our first tattoos together three years ago %26amp; she has had no desire to get another one.





I wouldn't advise you start out with a large tattoo with intricate detail. Those tattoos generally require many sessions (not to mention LOTS of money) to complete the design. Pick a small to medium singular graphic that can be easily concealed on your body. If you can endure the sensation %26amp; long for another one, go for it! Think that ink is for life. It's much more costly %26amp; painful to attempt to remove them!What advice do you have for a first tattoo?
my advice, dont get one
Tattoos are addicting. When you decide what you want wait at least six months, and if you still want it go for it. Just make sure it is something you can live with. I have only one and it is about 8 inches long on my upper arm. People always come up to me and comment or ask about it, which gets annoying but I asked for it. Also, I am a bookkeeper and I am not allowed to show my tat at work which means I can't really wear short sleeves, which really sucks in 106 degree weather. All I can say is it is expensive, and permanent. If it is that important to you be ready to live with it for the rest of your life.
Tatoos are pretty addicting....You might still want another one even if you do go big. Just don't get something you'll regret in fifty years-make sure it's something you'll like seeing for the rest of your life.
i wouldn't get anything done until you know what you want for sure. the where will come next and you will be able to visualize better how it will look in that area and what should follow. the best advice i got about tattoo's was make it meaningful. if it's something important to you everything else about it and the following tattoo's will fall easily into place. i've only got one tat so far and it's small. i don't feel the need to incorporate anything else around it. but i have two more i'm going to get and i'm confident they will all look good. they will be completely seperate pieces but all mean alot to me and that to me is most important.
Best choice for a first tat is:





No Tat





Don't defile your body.
tatoos can be very addicting i dont know if there is any truth to gettin a small one you will want a bigger one.. i have 3 and they are all about the same size i would suggest to make sure that its something you want for the rest of your life.. thats the only suggestion i got for you!!
Pick something that will have long term signifigance. No names of boyfriends or some fad hobby your into. Something that 20 years from now you will still appreciate having that displayed on you. If you are unsure about having one, put it in a place where people can see it only if you want them to. I do not mean any perverted places. Just a place that normal clothing will cover. Pick a reputiable place. One that uses state approved methods. Other then that, good luck...
get rid of it
Pass on the tattoo unless it is in a private place.
Size doesn't matter. Placement and the actual picture you want are key. If you have some ideas, then find an artist you trust and tell them what you have been thinking. They will sketch up some ideas and you can pick which one you like.
Really it is up to you to decide whatever you want and how big. Best thing to do though it probably to make sure you get something that has meaning to you.
if you want to look like a cartoon billboard go for it but i think they look like SH*T myself
If you're not sure what you want, I don't suggest getting it right away. Put in some thought, and search other people's tattoos. Once you get a design you like, go for it! As for the larger tattoo idea, I personally don't find that to be true.
My advice would be to pass on the tattoo. Do you want to hold your grandchild someday and have to explain why there is a panther jumping out of your arm. Don't make a permanent mistake on something so pointless. Be an individual by the merits of your character not but some fad you'll regret in a year. Good luck to ya.
I have 14 tattoos. There is truth in going big, because for some people, tattoos are addictive ---%26gt;waving here lol. What happens with small ones is that you end up with lots of little stuff that doesn't become one cohesive piece. I finally ';got that:'; and I am in process of my big piece which will most likely be my last. It is an Amy Brown Sprite above my sacred heart and waistline tribal.





The things that I would suggest are this: Start visiting shops and ask for pictures, it is best if they are full body pictures so that you have a good idea of what the big picture looks like. Secondly, if you are or ever will be working in an office, try to stick with the trunk of your body, because some offices get pissy about ink that shows. Also, if you wear low or no back dresses, make sure that what shows is tasteful.





Generally when I start brainstorming, I start a scrapbook, I slip things in there that I love, pictures from tattoo magazines, photocopies of artwork etc., Good luck and I would love to see the finished picture!
Get whatever u like. I personally think u should get a small one and see if u can tolerate the pain becuase as the tattoo gets bigger, the pain gets worse. Good Luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment