Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice on how to get motivated to do housework?

I really hate housework and have to set myself little goals to get any done. Any secrets or hints that anyone can offer.Any advice on how to get motivated to do housework?
Put on loud music that you enjoy


Tell yourself you'll just clean until the album is over...


Tell yourself you'll just do this one room


Do just half an hour a day so you don't have to do it all at once


Use cleaning products you like (good smelling stuff helps)


Promise yourself a treat when you're done


Break it down into small goals as you go


I like to put essential oils in the vacuum so that the air smells good as I vacuum


Invite someone over and just work on getting the place looking good for them...Any advice on how to get motivated to do housework?
Put on some really good music and turn everything else in the entire house off that may distract you.
Challenge yourself, think that if your friends are coming over and they will be disgusted about your messy house. Or think ';clean';.
Since I was a kid I have always played FLEETWOOD MACS Rumors. I also hate having anyone home while I'm cleaning. Then I sit back, light a candle, relax and admire the clean house.
Buy a couple of new and exciting cleaning products! I just love that aisle in the grocery store.
Good beaty music really loud!


%26amp; a reward like if you vaccum the house from top to bottom you get to eat the family sized bar of chocolate!


(Then vaccum some more to burn off the calories!!)
A caffeine drink wouldnt hurt! But, just focus on the outcome and donate or get rid of clutter! You will feel better without all of the dust and clutter! Trust me!
Well, best way to motivate yourself is to start enjoying house work. I mean if you start liking clean orderly place to live - you will start enjoying creating such a place. I used to hate cooking, but later realised I like certain tastes and best way to have it is to cook my own. Now it is a hobby!!!!! Good luck
Start on the hardest job first. If it is dishes do them first. Then you wont be dreading doing the hard work. ONce you finish the hard stuff its easier to keep going because everything is easy and can be done viewed as manageable and quick and easy to clean up. I find once I get started my cleaning I want to finish and get annoyed when distracted from it at times. Though another thing that helps is resting for about ten minutes or so after you finish a job...do dishes rest w/coffee whatever,vacume floors rest, do laundry rest....it is so that i dont mind cleaning and if i cant stand to finish it at least ive done the major stuff and the minor can wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment