Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice on choosing a contractor to do a several thousand dollar retaining wall repair/replace?

I know to check license and insurance, etc. Servicemagic returned no results. And I hate that I have to just call names in the phone book on such a big expensive job, so I'm looking for tips to sort through my choices.





Thanks.Advice on choosing a contractor to do a several thousand dollar retaining wall repair/replace?
I'm really surprised that ServiceMagic returned no results. As I write, I have a ServiceMagic contractor installing a water heater. Maybe try going through ServiceMagic again looking for a landscaping contractor? I would also ask around at your local home improvement center for a referral. Check out websites like Kudzu in your area to see what other people are saying about contractors you are considering or which ones are highly rated in your area. Take a look at their work, call their referrals and ask about their job quality. You may also want to check out landscapers because they often design and construct retaining walls. If you see new development in your area, stop by and ask the sales people in the models who they used to do their landscape contracting.Advice on choosing a contractor to do a several thousand dollar retaining wall repair/replace?
Based on your own question, I'd recommend that you get someone who never studied construction but got their entire education from the Bible. Don't ask them to make anything round, though, since the Bible says pi = 3!
ask around, neighbors, friend etc, also check with the BBB, also local county offices to see if any complaints have been filed against this contractor. Its alot of money, and you worked hard to earn it. And you want the job done right, without having to babysit, or worry.
  • face cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment