Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice for staring private practice while balancing family and life with work?

I am a newly licensed counselor looking to begin a private practice but I am concerned about being able to balance the practice with my family life. I have two children, a 7 year old and 1 year old. I'd love to hear from seasoned professionals who have found the secret to balancing practice and life and still feel fulfilled and happy who can help a newbie like me just starting out.Advice for staring private practice while balancing family and life with work?
Just for clarification:





This means that starting out in an established practice or in a managed health or mental health network is out of the question?





I obviously don't know you at all, but it seems to me that it would be very important to network as heavily as you can with other professionals before deciding to strike out on your own. Not just other counselors, but MDs and psychologists and lawyers.... the people who might likely refer your clients to you.





Also, who is it that you'll turn to if you need a second opinion; or to refer an individual to whom you cannot help?





Of course, maybe you've got all this nailed down already. If so, pay not mind to my questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment