Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?

I am having difficulty preventing my son from spraying urine out of his diaper. It gets all over his clothes and the carpets. I know the nurse tell parents to point his penis down before fastening the diaper so that the urine doesn't comes out but I am unable to do that with my boy. His penis is only about the size of my finger nail so it will not point in a direction. It's pretty much just upright. I use Pampers Swaddlers. Anyone have any other methods to prevent urine this problem? Thanks.Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?
I use and always have the walmart brand Dri-bottoms. It worked for our little guy. I also like the Huggies newborns. I have to say I really do not like Pampers. I think the WalMart brand is better than pampers. You can also rig your diapers. Make them work for you take some of the material out or use a pantyliner of yours and put it at the top where he is leaking. Sounds funny, but necessity is the mother of invention!Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?
When my kids were little I never ever had that problem and the reason is that I never used disposable diapers. There are many many good reasons for using cloth diapers and plastic/rubber pants and this is just one of those many reasons.





With cloth diapers you can make them as big or small as you want. As thick or thin as you need. Thinner for daytime use most of the time and double or triple thick at night for that extra absorbency you need.





You can fold them to where the thicker more absorbent part is in front for a boy or closer to the back for a girl. You aren't dependant on a manufacturer to tell you what type of diaper you need to use for what type of situation. You can make you own as you need.





I had both a baby boy and a baby girl so I've had to fold diapers both ways to cover all kinds of situations and I've done it all with one style of diaper. A cloth rectangle.





These are just some of the reasons for using cloth, there are others. Think of all the chemicals in the disposables that you are putting next to your baby's tender skin.





http://stores.ebay.com/hlnatural_w0qqssp鈥?/a>





This page will show you alot of why it's good to go with cloth.





Good luck





Source(s):





Personal experience as I am incontinent and wear diapers 24 / 7 myself and have used both disposable and cloth and now use cloth all the time.
Maybe the size of Pampers is too big which would prevent the diaper from fitting properly. I have two boys and never had this problem.
try a different brand in diaper maybe


also make sure his penis is covered so cold air dosn't hit it.
You may try to go up a size in diapers. That always worked for me.
perhaps you need a different size diaper (diaper too big?). also, you dont want it to be too lose at the top. good luck to you and your new little baby boy :)
pull the diaper tighter, mine does that often lol. he pushes his tummy out when i tighten it so it losens when he breathes normal. wait till he sucks in, then tighten it. they are stretchy so it wont be too tight.
I was having a problem with the Pampers Swaddlers. Everytime I went to change my baby his clothes were wet. I swear that they were leaking (for me anyways). I switched to Huggies and haven't had a problem since. When I change him I put the fresh one underneath, take the old one off and quickly put the new on one (that way there is no diaper area exposed for too long) and I always have a wipe over his penis to prevent getting sprayed. That is my technique. Good Luck!
The diaper is leaking out? Is it loose? I would try another brand - you might find you like the fit better. Also, if your son is at the end of the weight range, you might want to try a size up or down - I have found with my sons that going a size up if they're on the ';border'; of the weight range really helps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment