Monday, August 23, 2010

What advice can you offer to a singer who has trouble controlling their breath?

I've been singing since I was a child. I've even considered American Idol. I love to sing and I'd really like to make a career of it.





One problem. My breathing. It's all over the place. Sometimes, I run out of breath and have to cut out some words of a song to be able to take a breath. And sometimes, when I take a breath, it's loud and noticeable (I've heard it's not supposed to be).





Is there any advice you could offer me?





Thanks!What advice can you offer to a singer who has trouble controlling their breath?
Breathing is very hard. It's probably one of the most difficult aspects of singing. When you inhale, breathe in as if you're saying ';ho'; (like santa xD) backwards. And breathe using your ';stomach'; or more accurately, your diaphragm. To increase your air capacity, train your diaphragm by holding the air in for several seconds and letting it out in tiny puffs. That should over time, strengthen your diaphragm and allow you to utilize more air. When you inhale, you should feel your abdomen expand, not your upper torso.





Good luck!What advice can you offer to a singer who has trouble controlling their breath?
When you breath, use both of your nose and mouth for if you just use your nose, it will sound that you have a cold and if you just do it with your mouth it will sound as if you have an asthma.. So breath with your nose and mouth..





Then as you inhale.. Hold it with your diaphragm.. And try to sing a the whole phrase of the song with one inhalation only, but if you can't try to snatch breathe.. but you can't just snatch breathe right away.. you must consider that before you snatch a breath, atleast the part of the song has its complete thought, if it doesn't it might sound redundant..





IM me if you wanna know more about it..





I hope that I helped you ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment