Thursday, August 19, 2010

Any advice for getting my new puppy to be friends with my rats?

I am getting a new shih-tzu puppy today. Although my rats are in a cage, if one gets out or I am holding one, I don't want the puppy to hurt it. Any tips for training dogs not to hurt small animals?Any advice for getting my new puppy to be friends with my rats?
It's possible, if you introduce the puppy to the rat and supervise them closely. If the puppy shows *any* inclination to harm the rat, say ';NO'; and remove him from the situation.





But I'd not leave the rat and the puppy together alone EVER!





Dog = predator


Rat = PreyAny advice for getting my new puppy to be friends with my rats?
Go into a room with the puppy and the rats and lock the door. Then let the rats out and let the puppy sniff them. But if the puppy looks like he's going to hurt them or play roughly with them, say NO. It's no garentee, just the way my sister got her puppy to like my other sisters hamster.
  • makeup artist
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment