Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice if I plan on joining the peace corps?

I've been thinking about joining the Peace Corps a lot lately and it is something I have always wanted to do. I'm 24, single, no kids, and I have already gotten my B.A. plus I鈥檝e already traveled abroad for a few months in Europe. I was just curious if there is any advice for joining the Peace Corps and what I should be aware of if I join? I have already filled out my application and I'm waiting on my letters of recommendation, so any advice is welcome! Thanks.Any advice if I plan on joining the peace corps?
I would research each area extensively through the peacecorps journals site, or through personal blogs and at least, get an idea of where you want to go, and what you will be doing there: English teaching, Health/Safety, Business Development, etc...Any advice if I plan on joining the peace corps?
Be careful. Make sure you learn about the peace corp make sure you want to join, and observe what tehy do.





Make sure you can be full time committed to it. You dont want to make any mistakes with it. Other than that its fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment