Monday, August 23, 2010

Any advice on how to keep mice out of your house?

My house is clean...very clean...but also very old. I have filled all little cracks/holes in the foundation, put up sticky traps (the good ones) and professional poision, but they come back every winter. Any suggestions??? PS- no cats because 1. my husband HATES them 2. I hate kitty litter and 3. my dogs hate cats even more than my husband.Any advice on how to keep mice out of your house?
you need to fill all the holes and cracks EVERYWHERE with steel wool, pack it in tight. they will chew it and sometimes pull it out but when they eat it it will tear up thier digestive systems. also check that they do not have a nest somewhere---the little buggers are quite prolific!Any advice on how to keep mice out of your house?
Get rid of all your cheese.
we use these things that send out a high pitched sound or vibration they look like a 4'; box that has a speaker inside it it is called a pest and cockroach repeller. I am not sure were to get them but they work for us.
I moved in a house that was very old I filled all the holes too but I still caught 12 mice before I got my cats. (I have 2) Haven't had a problem since. Since you can't have cats you will probably just have to deal with it and set traps. Obviously they know a way in that you don't know about. Have you tried to fill those same holes with steel wool and crushed glass? Good Luck.
If you want to stay away from mouse traps you can get sticky boxes, they get stuck in the boxand just throw it in a five gallon bucket of water for a few minutes and the rat is gone.
sadly mouse traps
If you have a crack as small as a quarter inch they can get threw it.They can also climb so look at the seal plate, its between your foundation and the house,around pipes that come into the house,and check your dryer vent to make sure it is closing properly.The bait your using should appear to be eaten, sometimes if they don't get enough bait to kill them they get sick and become bait shy.And a real good bait trap is a live trap.You can put peanut butter in them and the mice will flock to it.I think they can smell it.I am a Pest Control Operator and I've got 10 mice at a time in these traps,there about 20-30 dollars.Set them along the wall in hidden area's.

No comments:

Post a Comment