Saturday, August 21, 2010

What advice can you give on making an eye-catching display on a table to sell arts & crafts at a festival?

Hey, I'm a long time craft person but a first time seller (this coming Saturday!). I have a very small space available to sell my origami on (3ftx3ft). I'm sharing the table with a friend who makes and sells ink prints. Just as well, there will be roughly 40 other vendors at the festival. How can I make my display (sign, organization of models, etc) stand out from the others?What advice can you give on making an eye-catching display on a table to sell arts %26amp; crafts at a festival?
I wish you had let us know about this earlier as I have patterns for crochet cakes, muffins,, etc that you could have used. Sorry but you don't have time to make them but the suggestions you have received are good and I hope you make a lot of money.What advice can you give on making an eye-catching display on a table to sell arts %26amp; crafts at a festival?
using a table cloth larger then the table you can place different sized heights of boxes stratigically underneath the cloth then place your items individually or grouped together on top of them and also a few in front of them directly on the table. this will have a layered look highlighting each special piece instead of them just being placed on the table flatly. this also saves space because you don't want to over crowd your table. Best of Luck
Check out some of the suggestions on this page at my site for display ideas, and even how to ';behave'; and things to take/pack/etc.:


http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/shows.鈥?/a>





(my site is mainly about polymer clay, but the suggestions for shows on that page could relate to many other crafts as well)








HTH,





Diane B.
Make a very big sign that is bigger than others, I seen this at the festivals that I did and this one man had a big sign that was so big that he had made and he also had a t-shirt on that tells about what he is selling.
Think BIG. You have to catch their eyes as they walk by to at least come over and check it out. Lots of bright colors! Try using a table cloth. Have a bowl of lollipops. Kids will come over dragging their parents to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment