Saturday, August 21, 2010

Any advice on how to get motivated for work?

I am self-employed and work from home and sometimes find it SO hard to get up and get going and achieve everything I need to. It's not a case of organisation - I always have to-do lists on the go - it's a problem of mental attitude. I'm always hearing of people who get up at 5am and do the housework before putting in a full day's work and then cooking a four-course meal for 10 people, but how do you get in the frame of mind to achieve all that? I'm often simply not in the mood, and it just puts more pressure on me for when I have deadlines to meet.Any advice on how to get motivated for work?
I'm self employed and what keep me going is my love and enjoymant at what I do, but also the desired outcome, which is finacial security I provide for my family.





I know a guy who struggled to get motivated and worked from home. He decided that he would get up in the morning, do somehting he enjoyed (read a book, watch a comedy) and then he would get ready for work. He would put on a tie and suit and go to his ';office'; which he had cleared the clutter from and worked like he was at the office. That way he was compartmentalising work and home life so that he found it easier t odeal with the different mindsets of work and home life.





Clear the clutter


Plan your day


Work during work time


FInd a way to close the work day, by getting changed or something and learn to switch off (sounds like you main problem)





Goo dluckAny advice on how to get motivated for work?
Build an office in your garden, (If you can) This will then feel like a place of work instead of just being at home!
I deal with the same thing every day I go to college have a hard working husband, have a 2 year old and work a crummy job that pays 5,25 an hour. what I do is think about how much the things i have to do need to be done for example if i didnt get up and go to school i would make 5.25 an hour for the rest of my life.
WELL, SLEEP EARLY AND TRY TO ORGANISE YOURSELF BETTER THE DAY BEFORE. MAKE AN ACTION PLAN AND AS YOU COMPLETE THE TASKS YOU CAN TICK THEM OFF AND WILL FEEL BETTER. I AM THE SAME AND FIND IT VERY HARD TO GET GOING BUT ONCE I START I MAKE SURE IT ALL GETS DONE, THE FEELING ON SEEING ALL THE WORK DONE IS GREAT. TRY TO KEEP THINKING POSITIVE, AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE FRIENDS.


LOVE YOURSELF AND YOU OBVIOUSLY ARE MOTIVATED ENOUGH TO ASK ABOUT HOW TO GET THE JOBS DONE SO NOW JUST DO THEM....... GOD BLESS, SELI XX
It is different for everyone because we all have different distractions and temperaments but I feel you have to compartmentalise your day and your space.





Work out which time of the day you are most productive (mine is early morning) then set aside specific times for work. You also need to have a work room or space that is only used for work.





Once you have worked out your work/life balance, try to void working or even going into the work room at other than the allocated times.
Read some motivation tips on this site
I would be so glad not to have a boss hovering around me watching my every movements waiting to gripe or coach me all the time.
listen to the ';motivation'; songs by t.i. or young jeezy
well you no what needs to be done to suport you and your family so get to doing it
You need to have something to look forward to everyday to get you motivated. Think of why you are self employed and the benfits and future you can have such as having more time to spend with family, taking holidays, having the freedom to do what you want! I am also self- employed aswel as being in a j.o.b. but i look forward to having freedom and not being told what to do! also it's good to write daily plans, it's much easier to get things done when you have a plan to follow with times and stuff.


Have something for energy maybe such as an energy drink first thing after breakfast.





Good luck and i hope i've given you some advice that will help.





Lisa
Set your self goals or incentives - answer 4 or 5 letters, then go and have a cup of tea. Come back and do a pile of filing, and a chocolat biscuit.
Consider the consequences of -no work- which do you like best: work, or no work.
You need to visualise what is that you want to achieve in life, like for when you retire, and work towards it.

No comments:

Post a Comment