Monday, August 23, 2010

Can somebody advice me how can I remove glue from a hardwood floor?

I scrapped off commercial tile from a hardwood floor but the floor has a kind of heavy glue. I't's an old building, what I want to do is restore the original floor. Should I use a heavy duty sander first?Can somebody advice me how can I remove glue from a hardwood floor?
use a flat razor to get the big clumps off, then a little steal wool to pull glue out of the grain. you will eventually have to sand if you are going to apply stain or anything. i would suggest at least scrapping the area before sanding. otherwise, you will ruin the sand belt and may even burn the floor.Can somebody advice me how can I remove glue from a hardwood floor?
Great Question! That's a tough one though! Uhh... did you try waxing your hard wood floor? I'm not sure if that would help or not. If it doesn't help maybe you could consider like a cleaning team or something like that. Or just replacing the area it was in?





Hey I'm just guessing!
Go to your local home improvement store and ask! They make something that removes paint from hardwoods and does not damage the floors. It should do the same for glue. I got something at Lowe's years back, but do not remem the name of it.
Spatulas work on everything!!!!!!
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment