Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's the point of asking for legal advice if I'm only going to choose the answer which makes me feel better?

It doesn't matter how solid the other answers are, or even if other answers actually cite laws and cases. I choose the first poorly spelled and grammatically suspect answer which says I'M IN THE RIGHT. Yes, I ';definatly'; have a case!





Is that a good idea? After all, simply because someone's writing is atrocious doesn't mean that they're not able to understand complex laws and archaic legal language, right?What's the point of asking for legal advice if I'm only going to choose the answer which makes me feel better?
You're right. Instead, try rubbing your feet, that'll make you feel even better.





Actually, you could do it the old fashioned way and do some real research instead of asking YA wannabes who are mostly kids that have no earthly idea of what the law is other than what they see on CSI..What's the point of asking for legal advice if I'm only going to choose the answer which makes me feel better?
I think the point of asking is to feel that you have backup, or vindication. You probably have your own answer in mind, before you even ask others' opinions.





Atrocious grammar and or spelling don't preclude the author from knowing anything.... and it doesn't really matter what answer you choose as ';best'; answer... but the important thing is to make sure that you're not basing your life's monumental decisions on yes men telling you what you want to hear.
Good point. It's the one that keeps me away from Yahoo answers for the longest period of time.





Answer: don't. You should choose the answer that speaks a hard truth to you. Choose the answer that is the best put-together and insightful. I can't tell you what to think, but I can tell you what smart-thinking IS.
I understand your point but I think that there's a larger point to make. Why ask anything on Yahoo!? There is a huge risk asking any important question on yahoo.





If the questioner is not an expert in the field that they ask about, how are they going to be able to pick the best answer?


Just because the answerer spells well and uses good grammar, doesn't mean the answer is correct.





I used to work as a RN with a specialty in psychiatry and I am amazed at how many answers in those areas are are not only incorrect, but could cause the questioner harm if they were followed.





Sometimes I find that even answers from other RNs or someone saying they are a ';doctor'; (are they really a MD type of doctor? Who knows?) are incorrect.
What?
That's why you can leave your answers open for voting by the everybody here. Its a lot harder to wait for the masses to vote, but you usually end up with sounder advice.





Also, if you take the time to read all the answers; you might see some avenues of thought you had not considered before. If nothing else, it will give you a chance to find counter arguments to those your advisory might try to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment