Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?

I am having difficulty preventing my son from spraying urine out of his diaper. It gets all over his clothes and the carpets. I know the nurse tell parents to point his penis down before fastening the diaper so that the urine doesn't comes out but I am unable to do that with my boy. His penis is only about the size of my finger nail so it will not point in a direction. It's pretty much just upright. I use Pampers Swaddlers. Anyone have any other methods to prevent urine this problem? Thanks.Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?
Try using different diapers or move up or down a size. Make sure there's not a huge gap in the legs. My son always leaked if he was positioned wrong or there was too big of a gap between his leg and the diaper. Also, if the diaper was too small he'd saturate it and it would leak as well.


He may just need a better fitting diaper.Any advice to prevent urine from coming out of a boy's diaper?
We got rubber pants for our son to put over the diapers. They work well.
When my kids were little I never ever had that problem and the reason is that I never used disposable diapers. There are many many good reasons for using cloth diapers and plastic/rubber pants and this is just one of those many reasons.





With cloth diapers you can make them as big or small as you want. As thick or thin as you need. Thinner for daytime use most of the time and double or triple thick at night for that extra absorbency you need.





You can fold them to where the thicker more absorbent part is in front for a boy or closer to the back for a girl. You aren't dependant on a manufacturer to tell you what type of diaper you need to use for what type of situation. You can make you own as you need.





I had both a baby boy and a baby girl so I've had to fold diapers both ways to cover all kinds of situations and I've done it all with one style of diaper. A cloth rectangle.





These are just some of the reasons for using cloth, there are others. Think of all the chemicals in the disposables that you are putting next to your baby's tender skin.





http://stores.ebay.com/hlnatural_W0QQssP鈥?/a>





This page will show you alot of why it's good to go with cloth.





Good luck
change them more often maybe?
i had that issue with Swaddlers. I switched to huggies and my son smelt like urine, so i than switched to Luvs and have had no issues.
aim it down! im a mother of 4 boys... it works
I go with a bigger diaper with my son. He is 17 pounds and I have him in a size 3. They are really for 19-28 pounds, but he was leaky too. With the bigger diaper, I don't have any problems. Try a size 1 diaper instead of the swaddlers. Aren't they for newborns? How big is he? Huggies worked better than Pampers in those small sizes too.
If you ';aim'; it down, best you can, just before closing the diaper, it should stay put. I had similar problems with that %26amp; with him spraying everytime I opened his diaper....ahhh boys.
Its kinda just part of the joy of having a boy. Another mom told me once that she would put a few gauze over his penis then fasten the diaper. Supposedly the gauze would soak up the pee a little quicker than the diaper would and/or it would help keep the penis pointed down, so it didn't leak as often. *shrug* I don't know if it really worked. Worth a shot if nothing else is working. Me? I've just always excepted it as a ';boy thing'; and made sure I always had plenty of t-shirts to change into. lol
He may need larger diapers, my son was 6 months in a size 3 or 4. i had so many diapers from his shower and they all sucked!!! i changed to LUVS and NEVER had a problem again. they work well with squirty little boys. lol
My son pees out at night so I use Huggies overnights (they're hard to find and sell out fast at Walmart). If you're having this problem during the day, you may want to check him and change him more frequently. If he's dry (or you've just changed him) and 20 minutes later, he's peed out, you may want to consult his pediatrician as he may have a blockage or a problem with his urethra (don't be alarmed, it's fairly common and can be corrected with minor surgery).


Good luck!
tighter diapers
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment