Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What advice would you give to actors that are stiff/awkward on stage?

I am delivering a monologue tomorrow, but I'm afraid that my movement might be awkward or stiff. I was wondering what would help me?What advice would you give to actors that are stiff/awkward on stage?
Don't ever think about yourself when you're on stage. It's a massive trap that new actors fall into all the time. Don't allow yourself to go into your head.What advice would you give to actors that are stiff/awkward on stage?
well, you can start with trying to relax...


it might sound silly but picture your audience in their underwear. if that doesn't help put yourself in the characters position and just let go, become the character and have fun with it.


also, when you over-think the movements they look kind of stiff...[so try to just let it flow]
one of the most important things to remember, is to relax. If you are worried, you can get clumsy.


If you are just stiff, then you should stretch before you do the monologue.
Whatever you do, don't think about any of that. Just do what you would do in the situation your character is in!





Hope this helps:)





Can u help me with my question? :


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvhrlH.lAgWTcGhn.QUT9NXsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090226160301AAJnDda

No comments:

Post a Comment