Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice on how to start eating healthier?

I am trying to start eating healthier. I do wish to lose weight, but I am not looking for a ';diet,'; but more long term lifestyle changes. My biggest problem is that I crave sweets and fatty foods. I don't like a lot of vegetables and/or fruit. I don't drink soda and I only drink 1 cup of coffee a day. I'm at a loss what to do because everything I read about healthy eating is contradictory. Any advice from those who have changed to healthier eating habits? Any serious suggestions from personal experience are appreciated!Any advice on how to start eating healthier?
There is ALOT of information about changing to a healthy lifestyle.





As always, eating properly (not the fad diets), and exercising are two of the BEST ways to get on the right track and lose weight. The suggestions above are really good, but may I add taking a supplement/vitamin daily. Not the Wal-Mart or GNC kind, but something that is a total coverage of what your body needs and may not be getting in your regular diet. This will help your body optimize what it does have, and supplement what it's missing. I personally take the Orovo Multi-Vitamin and my husband the Original. We both love it, and he's actually lost a few pounds (I'm actually trying to gain a few... sad I know).





The only thing after that is your coffee. Don't worry, I'm not going to tell you to give it up. But you might want to take a look at Skinny Science Coffee. It's a patented Fat-Burning coffee that is Certified Organic %26amp; Fair Trade. It might help give you that extra boost that you need. You can read all about it at http://skinnysciencecoffee.com





Warmest Regards %26amp; I wish you the best,


Authentically Angela





http://www.angelascoffeeshop.comAny advice on how to start eating healthier?
I started by taking small steps. First I slooooowly made changes to my breakfast. (my FAVORITE foods-eggs, pancakes) for example I now eat egg white omelet with spinach, peppers and mushrooms. But that was an acquired taste with much experimenting.





I joined Weight Watchers which really gives the best guide as to what to eat, and how much. I wasn't too fond of the scale. I learned that it can be deceiving.





Dieting is your lifestyle. What you eat is your diet. Whether it is fatty foods or healthy ones. Your diet is how you eat.





So start small and gradually work your way up eating less and less of the fatty stuff. It will take time getting your taste buds use to something different. If you are determined, anything is possible though. So far I lost 30 lbs. with eating healthy and exercise.
You can do (Body-for-LIFE) I know someone who lost a lot of weight by applying what she read in the book. You can drink coffee and you are allowed one day to eat what ever you want. I kinda did it but not that strict and I lost 25 pounds with 20 mins of running.





Good Luck!
Sweets are my downfall! So I just started buying ';light ice cream'; and really measuring out the serving size(only 120 cals) or weight watchers makes some good desserts as well.





Most things are fine in moderation.





As far as ';fatty foods'; I made a rule for myself years ago...NOTHING fried except 1 day a week. If I go out on Sat night and want a burger and fries...I have a burger and fries...cuz I ate well all week!
i pretend the healthy foods are really good looking guys and the fatty foods are ugly guys haha


i got it from that commercial when the hamburger has a radio and the lady screams ';you just no good for me!'; out the window





it might seem silly but it actually works for me =]
  • concealer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment